Dated as of October 1, 2002
Mutual Redevelopment Houses, Inc. ("Mutual") cares about your online privacy. For this reason, Mutual has developed this section to describe its practices regarding information collected from visitors to its website and the ways in which Mutual uses and maintains this information.
The Mutual website exists to provide useful information to three types of users: (i) shareholders; (ii) people on the waiting lists for Mutual apartments; and (iii) the general public. The amount of information collected about a user, depends upon the type of the user. Moreover, the information that the user may access at the site is dependent upon the type of the user. Shareholders have access to information specific to shareholders of Mutual. Persons on the waiting list have access to waiting list information regarding their specific application. And the general public has limited access to the site, and most of the information they receive is simply basic information about Mutual.
For each visitor to Mutual's Website, Mutual's Web server does not automatically recognize the domain and email address of the user. But Mutual does collect the email addresses of those who post messages to its bulletin board. Mutual also collects any information that is used to register at the site, but Mutual does not share any of the information that it collects with other organizations for any reason. The information collected on registered users of the website are: the user's first and last name, the user's email address, the user's password, the last four digits of the user's social security number, and the user's building and apartment number
1. They store the username and the password of the user that is currently logged into the site;
2. The browser checks these cookies every time the user clicks to another page in the site. The site then verifies that this user is logged in and is shown the proper page for their access level; and
3. These cookies are automatically destroyed when the user closes the browser.
If in a message to us, a visitor provides Mutual with his or her telephone number, Mutual will only contact the visitor by telephone contact from us regarding inquiries he or she may have placed on-line.
We do not partner or have any special relations with any ad server companies.
From time to time, we may use user information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future, we will post the policy changes to our Website to notify the user of these changes and provide the user with the at least 30 days' notice of these new uses. If the user is concerned about how his or her information is used, the user should check back at Mutual's website periodically.
If a user feels that this site is not following its stated information policy, tell us how by contacting: Naomi Goldstein, Education Director, Mutual Redevelopment Houses, Inc., (212) 675-3200 or email@example.com.
Back to Top
Dated as of October 1, 2002
Access to and use of this site ("Site") of Mutual Redevelopment Houses, Inc. ("Mutual") is subject to the following terms and conditions and all applicable laws which, by accessing and browsing the Site, the user, accepts without limitation or qualification.
Use of and browsing in the Site is at the user's risk. Mutual makes no warranties or representation as to the accuracy of the information contained in this Site and assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in its contents or for any claims that the use of the materials displayed infringes upon the rights of third parties. Neither Mutual nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any costs, losses, damages including direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out the user's access to, or use of, the Site.
1. SALE OF GOODS AND SERVICES.Mutual is not involved in the any transaction between people who post events, buyers and sellers. As a result, Mutual has no control over the quality, safety or legality of the events, items or services advertised, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of people who post, or sellers to sell items or services or the ability of buyers to buy items or services. Mutual cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction.
Mutual is not a sponsor of events posted and is not involved in the actual transaction between advertisers, buyers and sellers. As a result, Mutual has no control over the quality, safety or legality of the events, items or services advertised, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of sellers to sell items or services or the ability of buyers to buy items or services. Mutual cannot ensure that an event will take place or that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction.
You must be legally able to advertise the event, sell the item(s) or service(s) you list on our site. You must describe your item and services and all terms of sale on the listing page of our site. Your listings may only include text descriptions relevant to the sale of that item or service.
2. RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHER USERS.Because this Site is only a venue, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more users, or a dispute with a third party arising out of your use of this site, you release Mutual (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
Please use caution, common sense, and practice safe trading when using our site. You may find other user's information to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate, or deceptive. Please note that there are also risks of dealing with people acting under false pretense. Moreover, the views and opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of Mutual. Without limiting any other remedies, Mutual may terminate your posting or advertisement if the content is offensive, inaccurate, inappropriate, inflammatory, we suspect that you are engaged in fraudulent activity or you have violated the terms of service.
Mutual has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site or any other sites linked to the Site.
3. INDIVIDUAL USE.You agree that your information (or any items, services or information listed) and your activities on the site shall not: (a) be false, inaccurate or misleading; (b) be fraudulent; (c) infringe any third party; (d) violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, antidiscrimination or false advertising); (e) be defamatory, libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing; (f) be obscene or contain child pornography or, if otherwise adult in nature or harmful to minors; (g) contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information; (h) create liability for Mutual; and (i) link directly or indirectly to or include descriptions of goods or services that: (aa) are prohibited under these conditions; or (bb) you do not have a right to link to or include. Furthermore, you may not list any item on the site (or consummate any transaction that was initiated using our service) that could cause us to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
Without limiting other remedies, Mutual may block or immediately remove your announcement, item or service listings, warn our community of your actions, issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your use of our services to you if: (a) you breach these conditions or; (b) we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us.
Mutual may from time to time monitor or review postings and the like on the Site. However, Mutual does not have an obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from their contents. Postings or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, indecent or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage a violation of any law is prohibited.
4. MISCELLANEOUS.Trademarks, service marks and logos displayed on the Site are the exclusive property of Mutual and others, as may be applicable.
Mutual allows only shareholders of record to obtain access to the Site. Mutual does not allow non-Shareholders or minors access to this Site. We strongly advise shareholders to keep their password secure and not to allow third-parties to access this Site, regardless of their relation to the Shareholder.
WE, OUR SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES AND OUR SUPPLIERS PROVIDE OUR WEB SITE AND SERVICES "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. WE, OUR SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES AND OUR SUPPLIERS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON- INFRINGEMENT.
MOREOVER, MUTUAL AND THIRD PARTY DATA PROVIDERS DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE MATERIALS AND INFORMATION. FURTHERMORE, MUTUAL AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY, DIFFICULTY IN USE, COMPUTER VIRUSES, MALICIOUS CODE, OR OTHER DEFECT IN WEBSITE, ANY INCOMPATIBILITY BETWEEN THE WEBSITE AND THE USER'S FILES AND THE USER'S BROWSER OR OTHER SITE ACCESSING PROGRAM, OR ANY OTHER PROBLEMS EXPERIENCED BY THE USER DUE TO CAUSES BEYOND MUTUAL'S AND ITS AFFILIATES' CONTROL. NO LICENSE TO THE USER IS IMPLIED IN THESE DISCLAIMERS. NOTHING HEREIN SHALL BE CONSTRUED AS LIMITING OR REDUCING MUTUAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS TO RESIDENTS OF MUTUAL IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL MUTUAL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST OPPORTUNITY OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENCIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER MUTUAL HAS BEEN APPRISED OF THE LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH DAMAGES OCCURRING AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
You agree to indemnify and hold us and (as applicable) our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of these conditions or the documents it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
The user's access to and use of the SITE and the terms of this agreement are governed by the laws of the State of New York.
Back to Top
Copyright © 2012 Mutual Redevelopment Houses